Here comes another variation on an oatmeal. This time with awesome and healthy sweet potatoes.
Yeah sweet potatoes, the one you would more likely had for a lunch or dinner. They are a perfect match for morning oatmeal – sweet and full of health. If you add some almonds and maple syrup you get a beautiful dish for a great beginning of your day.
- 250 ml Unsweetened Almond Milk or water
- 100 g Rolled oats
- 1 Tbsp Ground Cinammon
- 1 Tbsp Nutmeg
- 250 g Sweet Potatos
- 20 g Almonds
- 20 g Maple syrup
- Mix milk, oats, cinamone and nutmeg - bring the mixture to boil.
- Reduce heat and continue cooking until oats are tender and water / milk has mostly absorbed, about 10 minutes. Turn off heat, cover pot and let sit for a few minutes
- Peel sweet potatoes and slice it into thick stripes. Steam until soft (10/15 minuteand mash with fork.
- Add half of cooked oats to a bowl, and put mashed potatoes on the top
- Add a coupe of almonds and some maple syrup